Saturday, July 12, 2008

For Blog's Sake

There's very little further to blog, really.

I've finished another essay - two down, four to go - and am a good way through another essay (note-taking done, just the writing itself to go), which means that I have to do three in the space of as many weeks. Not my most difficult challenge, really.

Presented a speech at my Toastmasters group - my first one. It was about how debating looks similar, but is actually rather different, from public speaking - debating, whether done poorly or well, is about analysis and attack, but a rounded public speaker can entertain, motivate, console, inspire or introduce - quite different again. Ironically, my evaluation was that I sounded like a debater in delivering that speech...

I suppose, though, no news is basically good news.

No comments: