Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reflection

Just a bit of a reflection on life and prac in the last few days...

God may send adversities, but if we are patient and wait for a few days to a fortnight, He'll also send what we need to weather that. If we are patient, and realise that God will do things in His time - not because He can't organise things, but because we need to learn that we're not the centre of God's existence - rather, He should be the centre of ours. It's a lesson that I'll probably spend the remainder of my life on this plane learning, but it's something that's been brought home recently.

Prac, I've gotta say, has been really boring and a little frustrating. Today has been one of those days when I just want to throw my hands up and go back to an office job. I shan't - not before I graduate, anyway - but it's very tempting. I'm spending a bit of time with the debating team - really hope they win, hey - I've spent a lot of time with them, working through their case and drilling the underlying concept into them. Hope it works.

I've been really appreciative of Facebook. Not the program, of course, but the fact that I can express an emotion and get people read it and say 'hey, how you doin'?' is really awesome.

Preached a sermon on Sunday, which was totally rockin' (both the fact that I was and, from comments, the sermon itself). It's certainly something that I greatly enjoy.

I haven't even looked at my theology stuff. I'm kinda getting nervous about it - it's getting to be that time of the year that the exams are going to be coming out soon...a little nervous!

3 comments:

Lucas said...

yep, i can totally relate to whole learning thing. No matter how many times it happens, you still forget the next time!

Ian said...

Indeed Lucas.

Any chance of getting a look at the sermon?

Smitty said...

Absolutely - it's posted on my official blog and as a note on my Facebook page. I'm sure you can understand my desire for some form of anonymity!