Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Useful Procrastination

I really should be used to this by now, but I am continually surprised at how, at least for myself, I'm able to get some really good work done as long as I have something to avoid. It's a perennial university student issue, of course, so I'm quite familiar with the idea.

In this case, I have to clean my place for a Mahjong game this evening (it's an awesome game, by the way). Now, I've done most of it. But there are a couple of things that I really don't like doing - taking out the trash and washing dishes being really high on that list (in reverse order of distaste, for what it's worth).

I've had my applied theology essay questions in my hands for probably just short of a week. But, I've been able to use the excuse that I don't have my glasses, and I don't want to make my eyesight any worse (which is still a legitimate excuse). Of course, that hasn't stopped me from being on the internet quite a lot anyway, but hey.

But, now that I have cleaning to avoid, I've been able to make a start on my Liturgical Theology I essay. Of course, the glasses things is a legitimate problem, so I can't actually do that much, but the fact that I can play with the fonts, margins and line-spacing makes it all good procrastinatory material.

But, the time has come. I need to put my laundry into the dryer.