Friday, January 18, 2008

New place

Phrase of the day: requires a bit of background. Due to some genealogical (sp) research by people on my father's side, we have some reason to believe that my surname, a perfectly normal and popular English surname, may actually be a German surname that has been anglicised.
Phrase of the day: "Your surname is the schmidt!"

Turns out that due to an opportunity that I just couldn't turn down, I'm going to be moving house. It's going to be somewhat further out (five busway stations away from the city instead of four), but it's going to be a far bigger place. It's a sharehouse, but I've known the other two people for almost-three years now, so I'll not be moving in with strangers or anything like that.

I've made all the arrangements that I can, moving out in a week's time and hopefully the place will be taken up soon after that (sadly, we still have to pay rent until someone does, but fortunately university starts soon, so there should be a high turnover).

In other news, I'm still waiting on my glasses. Expected arrival is now Monday or Tuesday. They're taking so long because they're so non-standard - instead of just having to be curved in a particular way, they also have to have prisms put into them, which is apparently a little difficult. Because of that, I haven't started on my essays yet, because I don't want to strain my eyes.

No comments: