Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008s job worries

It feels kinda weird, I've gotta say, to be in 2008 now (instead of it being 'next year') - throughout this year, and culminating in November, I'm going to be making the transition from uni student to high school teacher.

All apologies to those in rural Queensland, but I'm really hoping that I don't get the invitation to teach in a school that doesn't have at least 70000 people in it. That rules out most places - in fact, it means that if I have to leave my city, I've got Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Mackay and Rockhampton (in that order). And to be honest, I don't really like the thought of leaving my city. One big reason that I would want to leave would be to go to a more concentrated city, and this being Australia, that's just plain not going to happen (at least, not in Queensland).

I'm certainly considering my options if rural Queensland proves to be my only choice - perhaps that would be a time to move to a more dense city.
Of course, all this is well and truly premature - I've got until the end of the year before I lose my mind and plan other cities.

No comments: