Saturday, December 22, 2007

Five days without a post

Five days without a post deserves a new post...

This was the week when I finally got the [expletive]s with a particular chanter's stand - or, more correctly, one particular person on it. Particularly irritating is that it was immediately after basically being the chanter, or one of the chanters (depending on the day and on who showed), that kept that particular chanter's stand going for a week. And then, straight after he got most of his voice back (and it wasn't even fully back), I'm...well, it won't behoove to go into the full details, but 'valued' was not an appropriate adjective.
So, that's it. I'm not going to sacrifice my sanity for nothing any longer. If I'm needed in the future, then fine, but until then, I just don't care enough; my sole, singular source of power was the fact that I chose to be there, and could - repercussion-free - choose to not be there. And now, I am doing so.
It's infuriating, not just for myself, but for others, because it's not like I've been especially vilified.

Anyway. Even if special action isn't taken, the sands of time will move inexorably on and resolve the situation. Of course, waiting until both parties are dead is more of an Arabic response, but I think it'll work here, too.

Other things that have happened include my Grandmother's 80th birthday. We celebrated it in early December, because the date of her birth is the 21st, and always gets swallowed up in Christmas celebrations. However, this year (the 80th, after all) we thought that she deserved a special celebration.

I'm preparing to write my St Stephen's essays...they're going to be coming in January, to the best of my knowledge, and I'm looking forward to writing 9 essays in a month...!

2 comments:

Lucas said...

9 essays? bugger that!

Hehe, so true about the 'sands of time'...

Smitty said...

haha, that's been most people's response - my hunch at the moment is that they're not essays as we understand them (2k or 3k words) but more along the 1k mark. I haven't been told that (if I had, I'd be posting about it), but that's my theory...